Monday, June 8, 2009

Our First Week As 4

It has been a crazy week. I've been feeling really good. I told Erik and my mom that I felt so good that I was worried I'd exhaust myself without meaning too. Everyone has been trying to keep me quiet. Yesterday the hormones kicked in and I began crying for no reason. Partially, this may have been due to being tired. Today when I went to take a nap I began to feel like I was about to cry, and if anything at all had happened (e.g. Zander cried or needed a diaper changed or if someone asked me a question) I'm sure I would have cried. Instead, I lay down and took a good two hour nap. What am I going to do when Mom goes home (tomorrow) and Erik goes back to work (Monday)???

Some of the pictures are self explanatory, but some may need a little explanation. The picture of me driving the cart was Zander's first outing (mine too since the birth). Zander and I had a "Well Mom & Baby visit" and after, Erik and I realized we needed some things at Costco. I felt a bit embarrassed to drive the cart, but I would not have been okay walking/standing through Costco yet.

The picture of the whole family was taken when we were leaving the hospital. Zander was given a cute knit hat in the pediatric portion of the hospital. It was so strange to stay at the hospital after I was discharged...I felt like I was still a patient, but I wasn't. I didn't get the perks of ice cream treats anymore. I still got some though...I would just say Zander wanted sherbet!!!
s


No comments:

Post a Comment